Did you know……..
If you use an average of 80 beats per minute, your heart beats about 4,800 times per hour. That’s a whopping 115,200 times per day. Over the course of a year, your heart would beat about 42,048,000 times! If you live to be 80 years old, your heart would have beaten approximately 3,363,840,000 times!
When a baby is born, its heart is beating 220 times per minute!
When you look at your own heart health, what exactly does it mean for you and, for the hardest working muscle in the body? The heart works without question day in and day out without taking a rest. Yet, we treat it with such disrespect by eating animal fat, lack of movement or participating in exercise programs that push us too hard.
Instead, you should treat your heart your best friend.
Here are the issues:
1. Having a high level of stress is one of the main causes for heart disease. Do yoga, meditate, walk outside or ride your bike.
2. Vegans have nearly no heart disease or high cholesterol. They have fewer heart attacks and have a cleaner body that functions better.
3. The heart can only handle participating in hard-core, high-intensity training for a short time. Fatigue caused by overtraining is the ultimate outcome and disaster.
4. Clogged arteries from primarily animal fat and junk foods strangles the heart from functioning the way it was meant to.
You have only one heart, and it needs your undivided respect and love. Nourish it with clean nutrition and plant-based foods. Imagine putting bacon in your car instead of gasoline. It would stop immediately, as will your heart eventually. If you are a hard-core exercise junkie, then balance it with other forms of training that don’t put your heart and body into a stressed condition. We are here a short time and the better we take care of our heart, the better it will take care of the rest of us.
1. Try yoga to de-stress
2. Breath deep when when you feel stressed out
3. Eat green: add better, healthier choices
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Take time off when needed